[olug] PageMaker substitute --- and Wine

Dave Burchell burchell at inebraska.com
Mon Mar 24 19:18:53 UTC 2003

Will Wine let you print to a file?  If so, you could then print the
file to your printer using Linux.

Brandon Lederer says:

> I need to use PageMaker....  i have old docs (big ones) in pagemaker that, if
> i could Import would be fine.  doubt thats gonna happen, but if someone can
> help me with an application for this that would be great.
>
> Otherwize.
> I'd be perfectly happy using Wine....  It appears according to the database
> that it works.  The problem is that Wine has never printed for me.....  I am
> using CUPS and it works for everything.  Wine wont print, period....  If
> anyone can help me make Wine Print..... That would be great!
>
> Thanks
> Brandon
> --
> Sent Using KMail

Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/burchell/                  burchell at acm.org