[olug] PPP & a modem

Brandon Lederer brandon at tolkien-movies.com
Thu Mar 13 03:11:30 UTC 2003

Im going home for spring break.... and my parents dont have Broadband.  Is
there a nice walkthru to setting up PPP in linux that i can find?  or can
someone direct me in the right direction?

I have 3 modems to choose from:  All Gateway OEM USRobotics/3COM modems:

One GW Part Number 6000758 -- Winmodem no jumpers.... Red Owl was what it was
called if i remember right  -- 56K

GWpartnumber MODISA005AAUS -- Its got jumpers - Telepath 28.8 With Voice
GWpartnumber MODISA008AAUS -- Its got jumpers too -- Telepath 28.8 with voice
-- same modem almost -- just a newer revision possibly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Brandon
--