Hand writing recoginition was Re: [olug] Non-Linux - DRM

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Mar 11 21:55:32 UTC 2003

Honestly, no I've never looked at a Linux hand writing package.  I've
always been put off by most of the "handwriting recognition" packages that
require you to write in specific keystrokes.  I figured I learned to write
once, and that was enough.  :-)

This tablet doesn't use WinCE either, it uses WinXP tablet edition, which
is a superset of the standard WinXP.  Basically they take WinXp and add on
the tablet features.

The best part IMO is that I just write (write, not print) normally and it
recognizes it (generally).  No funky keystrokes needed, and NO printing
required.  You can print, but you're not required to.  The only thing it
has problems with that I've found are non-word terms, the number five (had
to change the way I write a 5) and the number zero (still haven't figured
out how to do it consistently).

Anyone who hasn't seen one of these Tablets, I urge you to find one and
take a look.  They might not fill your needs today, but I have a feeling
they're going to catch on, especially in the education field.

Bill

                      >Sam Tetherow
                      ><tetherow at nol.or        To:       olug at olug.org
                      g>                       cc:
                      >Sent by:                Subject:  Re: [olug] Non-Linux  - DRM
                      >olug-admin at olug.
                      org

                      >03/11/2003 03:32
                      PM