[olug] RTOS

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Mar 10 19:50:18 UTC 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 05:35:28 -0800 (PST)
Eric Penne <epenne at yahoo.com> wrote:

|http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT6416763926.html
|
|This is a very good article on making Linux into a real time OS.  I got
|lost about half way through but the first 3 sections do a very good job
|at explaining what a RTOS is and a couple different techniques to make
|Linux into more of a RTOS.

Coincidentially, I was just looking around at the xSMBrowser program
(network neighborhood) for GNU/Linux and found out that the same developer
used a project[1] with RTLinux, a real time commercial operating system.

Are there any other linux-based RTOS's out there?  Any for free (as in
free beer)?

[1] http://www.public.iastate.edu/~chadspen/homepage.html#mbcontrol

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart