[olug] Linux Laptop v/s. Apple Powermac

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Mar 10 19:40:29 UTC 2003

On 09 Mar 2003 15:09:19 -0600
"Robert A. Jacobs" <r.a.jacobs at cox.net> wrote:

|On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 20:25, Daniel Pfile wrote:
|

|> Get the airport extreme and use it with whatever 802.11b/g base station
|> you want. The range is kinda weak (antenna is in the screen, and the
|> back is covered in titanium), mine seems to go about 100 feet through 3
|> plaster walls ok though.
|>

|Any PC laptop users want to comment on their wireless experience?
|
|rob

yeah, my builtin wifi card on my dell insprion 8200 seems a bit weak
compared to other pcmcia cards... i honestly haven't tested the range and
differences, but it personally seems noticable.. it works though. =)

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart