[olug] Linux Laptop v/s. Apple Powermac

IrishMASMS IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sun Mar 9 19:46:25 UTC 2003

<quote who="Robert A. Jacobs">
> Okay...so, yesterday I find out my wife is pregnant with twins!  We knew
<snipped>

Dan the Mac man already replied, he and Bill H are the two experienced Mac
guys in OLUG. Bill just purchased a Apple laptop, and brought it to the
last OLUG meeting. What a sweet piece of electronics!

I will see Bill in a little bit, and will let him know about this thread
and you needing his input.

Having a Mac G3 since last summer/fall, I love getting back to a real GUI
but yet with a click having the command line. It is the best of both
worlds, IMHO.

> 4.  Anyone had luck with Ebay/Auction sites and this type of purchase?

<snipped>

If you missed the uproar on eBays ToS, read this article:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=264863&contrassID=2&subContrassID=5&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y&itemNo=264863

Preety much if any "law enforcement" sends them a request, eBay will hand
them over every & anything - what you watched, looked at, bid on, sold,
your Pay Pal transactions; <i>everything</i>. Totally bypassing the right
to privacy and other constitutional protections/rights.

Some more comments & observations are found here:
http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=privacy_forum&itemid=24021
and here:
http://www.livejournal.com/talkread.bml?journal=sos_usa&itemid=571670#cutid1

The buzz in the Tech & geek underground is to not use eBay until they
address their Terms of Service (ToS) to address this bypassing of human &
civil rights.

Just thought I would let you & the fellow OLUGers know; so we all can be
educated consumers.

Irish

--
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?