[olug] Sendmail Issue

Jon H. Larsen relayer at omahadirect.net
Tue Mar 4 13:07:56 UTC 2003

Hi All,

Last night I upgraded to the latest patched version of Sendmail for Red
Hat 7.1 to resolve the latest vulnerability as stated in Red Hat's latest
errata.

Now, my email clients (Eudora) are having problems sending mail, but only
to certain recipients.  Eudora receives a 5.7.0 Authentication failed.

Could this be a Pam issue?  Or something to do with the addition of TLS in
sendmail from Red Hat?

I'm not sure what debugging options to use in sendmail to determine the
problem, as most of the sites I have visited state to check the source
code - I'm looking, but I can't find which file in the source contains the
debugging information.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,
Jon L.

--
 [ Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer at omahadirect dot net         ]
 [ ICQ#: 10412618 - http://www.animesunday.org/jonl               ]