[olug] RH8 & Logitech camera

Craig Wolf CJWolf at mpsomaha.org
Mon Mar 3 20:06:58 UTC 2003

Here is the deal:  I transitioned my daughter's computer to Linux.
(Tired of the every 6 month crash/rebuild.)  I have a Logitech
ClickSmart Webcam/Digital Camera for talking/seeing the grandparents.
No more function.  KDE Kamera has no clue what it is, the log shows that
the system sees it but has no clue what to do with/what it is.  Can
someone give me pointers on a few things?:
1.  How do I get the system to see it.
2.  What should I use to pull pictures off the device (smartcard based,
I think)?
3.  Is there an application that will allow me to use the webcam on my
machine(RH8) with my parents machine (WinME)?

Thanx to any and all for your help in getting ideas and/or pointers on
where to go next!

Craig Wolf sends...