[olug] looking for an application

IrishMASMS IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sat Mar 1 18:04:29 UTC 2003

<quote who="Jay Swackhamer">
> You could setup a Vnc desktop on the remote machines,
> that way you could dial-in and wouldnt have to transport the
> X traffic across, just the updated sections of the screen. It would be
> faster and since the desktop is on the remote, you could resume in the
> event of a connection drop..... and you would be able to connect from
> any machine without installing extra software..........

<snipped>

At least use TightVNC - VNC is no longer suppoorted or developed by AT&T
and it has as many security holes as WinXP, IMHO    -;)

http://www.tightvnc.com/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/tightvnc/?topic_id=253%2C150
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vnc-tight

BTW, we used to use VNC at work and it works well; just like what you are
looking for. I shut the VNC services off; since I have yet to upgrade them
to TightVNC, or get the approval to do so.

Irish

--
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?