[olug] Cox and port 25

William E. Kempf wekempf at cox.net
Mon Jun 30 16:15:43 UTC 2003

Trent Melcher said:
> I also support a small business here in Omaha that has a Business
> account with Cox.  THey havent had a problem yet with their mailserver,
> however it is inside of the Cox network, so it may not be affected the
> same way.  I called them and talked to them about the issue and they
> said Business accounts should not be affected by the change as long as
> the mailserver has an IP address that was assigned to them from Cox.

Maybe the key is in "has an IP address that was assigned to them from
Cox".  There may well be reaons for a business account to be using an
external mail provider, and though I know nothing about Cox at Work, I'd
assume this wouldn't be a violation of the contract?

> Residential is different because the are Dynamics Ips and not Static
> like Business accounts.

Not all residential IPs are dynamic.

--
William E. Kempf