[olug] Linux, Networks and NFS/NIS

Mac Petras mac at petrasweb.com
Fri Jun 27 22:42:06 UTC 2003

That is true - and I'm not disparaging Novell here. Our parent company has
standardized on Win2k, Solaris and Linux (RedHat), so we also need to follow
suit - not saying it makes sense....that just the way it is.

As much as is sucks for pretty much everyone....Windows is still the
"standard" for desktop, and arguably for servers.  If it were up to me, it
would all be linux/solaris...but it's not.
Mac Petras
Mac at PetrasWeb.com