[olug] Cox and port 25

Nathan Rotschafer (OLUG) olug at geniussystems.net
Fri Jun 27 14:18:54 UTC 2003

Now I could be in the minority of people who actually do care about what
others think about my email and thus I run postfix and a spam scanner and
virus scanner on all incoming AND OUTGOING mail.  This helps cut down on a
lot of problems I have seen.  Additionally I only allow authenticated SMTP
(in this case a pop [or imap] before smtp solutions for postfix).  With all
of these measures I have stayed off of every black list I have checked and
very rarely do I get spam delivered to me or virus (which of course doesn't
really matter since I use Linux but hey).  I have personally not had this
port 25 issue yet, but if I do you better believe I will complain up a storm
till they change the policy.

Nate