[olug] Cox and port 25

Tim V - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Fri Jun 27 14:10:00 UTC 2003

To some degree I agree.  As Jay pointed out, the cox smtp server already
shows up on one Blacklist.  Now nobody on the cox network can send mail
to anyone that uses that Blacklist for spam filtering.  Also, Cox's mail
servers have been historically buggy, how often is this smtp server
going have problems?  Because whenever it's having problems, nobody on
the cox network will be able to sent mail at all - there are no
workarounds if you can't use an external server at all.  While it is a
valiant effort to rid a slice of the world of SPAM, and at the same time
provides some instant accountability to the source, it's fairly
limiting, could bottleneck, and creates a single point of failure.  I
don't like it, and would like it even less if I was a business.

My laptop is set up for pop/smtp on a non-cox server.  Now when I'm at
home I'll have to change the SMTP server, and when I'm away I'll have to
change it back...

How much is Quest DSL?

-t