[olug] DIT

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Wed Jun 25 04:00:32 UTC 2003

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) wrote:
> No, I did not know that they do not sell bare bones systems anymore.

Yes, 'tis true.  They seem to think they can get more money by
overcharging for pre-built systems.  Just by going to newegg.com I can
get parts for a better system for less - not counting the LCD screen DIT
"throws in".

PS: Western Digital's "Raptor" serial ATA hard drive ROCKS!

> But then I never go to DIT to purchase anything - though I did go to
> their Bellevue store trying to put up an Install fest poster. Key
> word is 'try'....

I only go to DIT if I MUST have something IMMEDIATELY (IE it's the
weekend and a CPU fan for one of the servers at work dies).  They're not
as overpriced as some other retail places (*ahem* CompUSA/Best Buy) but
they're still pretty bad.

And to think, they used to have pretty decent stuff :(

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us