[olug] U.K. Urged to hold back on open source

William E. Kempf wekempf at cox.net
Thu Jun 19 20:55:24 UTC 2003

http://msn.com.com/2100-1104_2-1019064.html?part=msn&subj=cdf&tag=mymsn

Probably not a popular opinion on this list, but I agree that the GPL
should be avoided by governments (or corporations, for that matter).  I
participate in several "open source" endeavors, but very much dislike the
GPL.  Just another opinion in the long standing debate of "BSD vs. GPL"
licensing (though I'm not promoting the BSD license itself, only licenses
that similarly don't force derivatives to be open source).

What I find interesting in this article is that IBM backs Intellect, who
made this statement, despite IBM also backing Linux.

--
William E. Kempf