[olug] IDing Sun parts on E3000

IrishMASMS at olug.org IrishMASMS at olug.org
Thu Jun 19 17:43:25 UTC 2003

[snipped]
> They're called spud brackets; Any spud bracket from any SCSI-based (and
> maybe FC-based as well) Ultra workstation or server will work.  Do not
> confuse them with the spud brackets for SS5/SS20 legacy systems!

[snipped]
> Just remember that there are different spuds for 1" tall and 1.6" tall
> drives.
[snipped]

Thanks for the pointers on the spuds - at least I know what to call them
when I am scrounging for them!

> To help you identify the card, each one has a label with a bar code and
> a number on it (not alpha-numeric, about 13 digits).  It is most likely
> (but not always) on the SBus connector itself.  The complete number is
> the serial number for the card, and the first 7 digits is the part
> number.
>
> Example: I have here an SBus 10/100 ethernet+UW scsi combo card here;
> the number on the barcode is 5012739121805.  That is the serial number;
> the part number is 501-2739.

I took some digital shots of the card, and will upload & post the links
later today. When I took out one of the cards, there is a numbered bar
code on the underneath of the card:
501206903546

I assume this is what you were speaking of?