[olug] Installfest Demo System

Brandon Lederer brandonl at hms4emc.com
Thu Jun 19 15:32:31 UTC 2003

I have a system that I would be interested in Demoing at the installfest.  I
Don't know if it will be ready for the installfest, I just finished building
it last night, and at the moment am not even back in Linux.  Good Ol' Kernel
Panic b/c it can't find root.  I'll get that fixed.  Then, I was thinking of
upgrading to Gentoo.  If anyone wants to help, let me know.

The System:
AMD Athlon XP 1600
Gigabyte 7VAXP-Ultra (Firewire, USB2.0, 6Ch. Surround, Serial ATA, 10/100
NIC)
Geforce2 MX
13 GB, 45GB, 60 GB, & 120 GB HDD
TDK 24X CDR, Creative 5X DVD, 50X CDRom
ZIP100 Drive
HP Surestore T4 Tape Drive
Combo (3.5, 5.25) Floppy Drive
20-ish Fans
Digital Doc 5
Lightly Modded Case, Modded Keyboard
USB Camera Media (like 6 types) reader
USB Connectix/Logitech QuickCam

I would need a monitor for the installfest, as my 22" NEC monitor doesn't
travel.

Brandon