[olug] old news - but worth noting

Sam Tetherow tetherow at nicusa.com
Thu Jun 12 16:38:03 UTC 2003

Phil Brutsche wrote:
> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>

>>clamAV works very well...
>>
>>http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
>

> ClamAV is great as a virus detector but sucks when you need to "disinfect"
> the file... I'm thinking of the currently rare Word or Excel macro virus.
> I suppose that's what desktop solutions are for.

On the mail servers I don't disinfect, I return all mail that is
infected.  I started the policy thanks to the nice virii that attach
random files.  For incoming mail it is nicety in that you don't deliver
someone else's stuff from an outgoing mail stand point it is a privacy
requirement.

Sam Tetherow                           tetherow at nicusa.com
Director of Development
NIC Labs (PSSG)                        http://www.nicusa.com