[olug] Garage Sale Rundown

Quinn Coldiron qcoldir at nmhs.org
Fri Jun 13 02:16:04 UTC 2003

Ok, here are the highlights.  Everything worked (with Linux) within the
last 1 1/2 years.  I've switched to a laptop exclusively and USB stuff.

A 12 port 10BaseT  CentreCOM 3012TR Ethernet hub with a BNC port and an
AUI port. $5

External USRobotics 56k x2 modem: $5

2 Quantum 9GB UW SCSI drives.  $10 each
1 4GB IBM SCSI drive $5
2 4GB IDE drives $5 each

a bunch of 3.5 floppy drives $1 each

Network Cards all under $5:
4 - 3Com 3c509 (2 ISA and 2 PCI).  One PCI card still in the plastic
2 NE2000 clones for $1 each

SCSI Cards (all work with Linux), all under $5:
Adaptect 1510A
Adaptec 1515
Adaptec 1520B -- came with my jazz drive
Symbios -- unknown number, but is PCI and worked well with my drives and CDR
Adaptec 1522A -- A pretty good ISA SCSI card.  Worked well with my CDR
before the Symbios card
I had an Adaptec 1540 someplace, but can't find it.  If I do I'll put it
out for $5 also.

SCSI ZIP drive: $5

Bunch of video cards.  All under $5  The 2 best are:
- Diamond Viper 550
- Riva 128

Averkey VGA to video/svideo box.  I used it with games on the TV and to
record presentations to tape.  $5

SCSI IBM Mammoth tape drive (5GB/10GB) with tapes $5

IoMega tape drive with tapes $3.50

4 sound cards -- all soundblaster  all $1 each

2 SCSI CDROMS $1 each

1 IDE CDROM $1

1 Creative labs CDROM.  Goes with one of the sound cards. $1

A box full of SCSI, printer, etc. cables.  SOme still in the plastic.
All marked $1 or $20 for the box.  At least 50 cables in the box.

A few keyboards at 50 cents each.

A box of mice for 50 cents each

a 2 bay SCSI enclosure $5
a 1 bay SCSI enclosure $3

Sale starts Friday morning and goes Saturday, maybe Sunday.

Quinn