[olug] sparking a flame war.....

Jason Mollner jjmollner at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 01:08:54 UTC 2003

According to the debian site, Lindows is based on debian.  Lindows does have
rpm support (debian does too), but according to the forums, people prefer to
use the .deb's.  I also tend not to use .rpm's on my debian system.

If you want to learn more about the 24 distros based on debian, go here:
http://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros
Personally, I've found Xandros and Libranet to be like running a stable
version of debian unstable (which is nice).

Also, apt-get tells you the dependencies that will be installed.  (someone
was worried about unknown dependencies getting installed)