[olug] sparking a flame war.....

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Wed Jun 11 14:20:40 UTC 2003

rpms have always worked well for me
I have been using portage for 2 days now on one machine and it seems very easy
to use.  I am concerned though that I will be installing a lot of things I
don't mean to when they show up as a dependency.

The "nice" thing about rpm hell is that you always know what packages you are
installing on your machine because you are the one making the decision to
install it.