[olug] VMWare on a laptop

Bob McCoy bob at mccoy.net
Thu Jul 31 20:36:16 UTC 2003

I had run VMWare for about a year and a half on a Compaq M700 (600 MHz
w/512 Meg of memory, XP Pro as the host OS).  It ran fine.  Of course I
wanted to run 3 VMs simultaneously, at which point things began to
crawl.  Running on an Evo now with a Gig of memory and it makes a major
difference (well, that and a faster CPU).  But for one VM, shouldn't be
a problem.

Your mileage may vary.

Bob