[olug] SCO Latest News

Mike Peterson mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Mon Jul 21 16:57:12 UTC 2003

SCO readies new Linux licensing program
http://itw.itworld.com/GoNow/a14724a81681a137484515a4

The SCO Group Inc. is preparing a new Linux licensing program that it
claims will allow users of the open-source operating system to run Linux
without fear of litigation.

SCO's Darl McBride: We have the copyrights
SCO's controversial CEO spoke last week with News.com's Charlie Cooper and me about the status of his company's suit against IBM for allegedly infringing on its Unix patents and copyrights. During the exclusive interview, McBride discussed what comes next in the fractious legal battle and announced that SCO has obtained key Unix copyrights that were in question in recent weeks. He also discussed the possibility of charging a licensing fee on all commercial users of the 2.4 version of the Linux kernel.

http://ct.com.com/click?q=05-gD6LIG8UCtMJ.NRDKIBFxOYoi4vU