[olug] Wierd Lockup

whaisch4 at cox.net whaisch4 at cox.net
Wed Jul 16 03:55:39 UTC 2003

Hey there!  I thought I would take this chance to share my recent
troubleshooting experience I had with my Mandrake 9.1 / Win2k /
FreeBSD 4.8 box.  The BSD and Linux partitions would uncompress the
kernel and then hang after trying to run it.  No errors, just a lockup.  So I
booted the Mandrake CD #1 and tried the resuce option but that was
only useful if the boot sector (LILO) was messed up.  I couldn't find the
kernel images on the CD to copy to the hard drive so that option was
nixed.  I rebooted and chose to "upgrade" the install.  I had to reset a
few options but it found the user accounts and the data.  Happy happy,
joy joy!  Now it boots like a champ!

-Wm.
whaisch4 at cox.net