[olug] Challenge With Perl Module Tk

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 20:27:54 UTC 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, CM Miller wrote:
>> Playing with Bastille Linux,
>> http://www.bastille-linux.org/, and it needs two
>>Perl
>> Modules, Tk and Curses.  FYI, I've never played
with
>> Perl Modules before either.
>>
>> I've installed both from source and when typing
>> 'bastille,' I get the following error:
>>

>> [error]
>> [root at phoenix man3]# bastille
>>
>> WARNING: /usr/bin/perl cannot find Perl module Tk.

>Did you try to rpm them as the URL above recommends?
>
>        rpm -ivh perl-Tk-a.b-c.i386.rpm
>or
>        rpm -ivh perl-Curses-d.e-f.i386.rpm
>
>? If that doesn't work for you you could try
>
>perl -MCPAN -e shell
>install Tk
>install Curses
>
>HTH,

Thanks for the info on how to install Perl Modules via
console, that is a great tidbit of info that I never
knew.

BUT, still having a challenge with Curses, it is not
install right, because when running Bastille, it still
gives me the same error.

What steps do I have to take to troubleshoot this?

-Chris

=====
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."

-Edsger W. Dijkstra