[olug] GnomeDex 3.0

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 23:57:47 UTC 2003

FYI.

Save yr time/money and just hit Def_Con,
http://www.defcon.org/, the 1st week of August.  From
experience, it is well organized, interesting speakers
http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11/defcon-11-speakers.html,
interesting happenings (CTF, Vegas War Driving,
Shootout, Hacker Jeopardy, B&W Ball), and if u get
bored with that:  Las Vegas awaits.

While on the other hand a few folks on the list went
out to Rubicon, http://www.rubi-con.org/, in Detroit
eariler this year and said it blew goats.  Piss poorly
organized clusterfuck ran by a bunch of drunken dorks.
 If anyone else wants to pipe up here, go ahead, cause
I am speaking second hand here.  But hey, word of
mouth gets around quicker, know what I mean?

So after hearing about this, I wouldn't waste your
time/money going to anything else, but its all by you.

-Chris

--- Eric Penne <epenne at olug.org> wrote:
> I'm going to GnomeDex 3.0 in Des Moines Iowa on July
> 25th and 26th.  I
> plan on leaving on Friday morning to catch the first
> session at 10AM.  I
> plan on driving through Omaha about 7AM because I
> don't know how long it
> really takes to get to Des Moines.  I have 2 vehicle
> choices depending on
> how many other people want to go, car and minivan.
> If I am alone I will
> probably take the car since it doesn't have A/C.  If
> somebody wants to
> come along with me I will take the minivan.  It
> costs $99 and that
> includes lunch both days.  I plan on camping
> somewhere near a shower and
> bathroom at night unless there is a cheap and sleazy
> hotel that somebody
> would like to share the cost. :)  I plan on staying
> on Saturday night also
> to party with the other participants.  Return on
> Sunday.
>
> Any takers?
>
> Eric Penne

=====
"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."

-Edsger W. Dijkstra