[olug] Challenge With Perl Module Tk

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 22:16:33 UTC 2003

Having a little challenge here...

Playing with Bastille Linux,
http://www.bastille-linux.org/, and it needs two Perl
Modules, Tk and Curses.  FYI, I've never played with
Perl Modules before either.

I've installed both from source and when typing
'bastille,' I get the following error:

[error]
[root at phoenix man3]# bastille

WARNING: /usr/bin/perl cannot find Perl module Tk.
The above module(s) is/are required to correctly
display the Bastille User Interface.  If you are
unable to find a pre-compiled module for your OS, they
can be found at: <a
href="http://www.cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html"
target="_blank">http://www.cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html</a>

If you installed the modules in another installation
of
perl besides the one listed in the error message, you
may override Bastille's search path by setting the
$CORRECT_PERL_PATH environment variable to the
directory
that the desired perl binary is located in.

[/error]

So it is puking up on Tk, so from its output above,
I've created a soft link (ln -s) to /usr/bin/perl, but
that didn't work.

Googled around, and was advised to create the
following under .bashrc

export CORRECT_PERL_PATH="/usr/bin/perl"

That didn't work either, and I think there maybe a
syntax error in what I found.

Any ideas to fix this?

thanks

-Chris