[olug] MythTV Updates

Jon H. Larsen relayer at omahadirect.net
Tue Jul 8 13:09:48 UTC 2003

Hi Everybody,

I'm back in town, and wouldn't you know it, a new version of MythTV is out
- version 0.10.  Updates are listed on the MythTV Website -
<http://www.mythtv.org/>

I picked up a Streamzap Remote Control from CompUSA (also available from
Thinkgeek.com) after I found a alpha-level driver that can be patched
against the CVS version of LIRC.  I got it working after a couple hours,
and have the major remote keys mapped out.  It's pretty cool.
It uses a USB IR module, which is why LIRC needed to be patched.  No
word on it's inclusion in the official package.

Also, I now have XMAME running with the MythGame module - NES
and SNES are next on the list.  My USB logitech gamepad controllers appear
to be working with XMAME so far.

My next modification will be a simple one - use a coax F-connector
to BNC conveter for quick disconnects.  I'll probably get those from Omaha
Electronics (so as to avoid the Radio Shack versions).  I've been taking
the MythTV box to a friends house once a week to watch the shows I've
recorded, and I don't want to cross-thread the coax connector on the TV
card when I re-connect everything.

I'll post more updates as I encounter them.
Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer at omahadirect dot net
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org