[olug] tar ?? i think

Andrew Holm-Hansen olug at einer.org
Thu Jul 3 21:41:11 UTC 2003

If you happen to run into a file with the extension filename.tar.bz2 (or
.bz), you can use a similar tar command to extract it.  Instead of using
the z flag, use the j flag.

tar -jxvf filename.tar.bz2

bunzip2 filename.bz2

I spent a not-insignificant amount of time figuring that out the first
time.  :)

Andrew Holm-Hansen