[olug] Apache web server support questions

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Thu Jan 30 07:36:26 UTC 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 12:42 AM, Brian Wiese wrote:

> |Is that Open Source Consultants guide something started by somebody
> who
> |either asked the list, or directly mailed a bunch of people on this
> |list asking for people who would be interested in working with his
>
> It's an official big document on TLDP - one of the guides [3].  I came
> across it because I thought it would be a guide on "howto be a
> consultant"
> -- boy was I suprised it was just a big directory.  =)  It dates back
> 2000. [4]
>
> |network of consultants? If so, that's the other company I was trying
> |remember when I mailed Mr. Rogers. I'd like to know what happened to
> |that since I'm trying to get back into doing some part time
> consulting.

I know about the LDP consultants guide, sorry I got my names reversed.
I was referring to the www.fsc.cc site. What the story with that? The
domain is registered to somebody in San Jose, CA, so I guess it's not
the omaha group of people I was thinking of.

The linux consultants guide goes a bit further back than 2000, I just
flipped open my copy of "Linux Undercover" which was a hard copy of
many of the LDP docs at the time, it doesn't have a copy of the guide,
but it references it. The book was printed in 98. It would be nice if
somebody printed another version of it, it weighs in at about 3 inches
thick and 2000 pages of 'bible' paper. It was a great reference at the
time.

As far as a 'howto be a consultant' this is the best thing I've seen:

http://www.stokely.com/rules.html

Everything else goes with knowing what you're good at and staying that
way.

-- Daniel