[olug] LaTeX rocks!

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Jan 27 16:39:49 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:20:31 -0600
gvanmill at unmc.edu wrote:

|I wish I could have seen Brian's presentation, but had some family
|things...

John Clark posted his .tex file (a tutorial in and of itself) and the
resulting PDF file on his website, feel free to check it out.

http://arioch.unomaha.edu/~jclark/present/

|It is certainly interesting!  We are using it at UNMC for one of our
|projects.  But I'm still on the learning path.  I have been using Miktex
|on windows,but things aren't lining up under LINUX.
|
|I'm trying to use fancyhdr to make headers and footers, so I'm wondering
|if there is a way to turn off the old footer to get rid of the page
|numbers and apply the \cfoot command to add more stuff to the footer?
|--Glen

|"Jeremy Bettis" <jeremyb at hksys.com>
|Sent by: olug-admin at olug.org
|01/23/2003 10:26 AM
|Please respond to olug
|
|        To:     <olug at olug.org>
|        cc:
|        Subject:        RE: [olug] LaTeX rocks!
|

|I only use the Web2C distribution.  It is much better than miktex,
|mostly because it does not require registry settings.  It can be
|installed just by dumping the files on your hard disk, and editing the
|PATH.

|--
|Jeremy Bettis, Software Development Manager
|HKS Medical Information Systems, Inc.
|jeremyb at hksys.com

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart