[olug] debian disks?

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Fri Jan 24 15:21:45 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:15:00PM -0600, Don Kauffman wrote:
>   Thanks Daniel,
>
> I have a broadband connection to the net but only have a 4x burner
> hooked up to M$..How about if I would pick them up at the OLUG meeting
> unless someone's using debian that lives out near 108th and Maple? I'd
> burn 'em myself but my experience burning madrake cd's wasn't  really
> great . . .. It wouldn't auto boot the install.

I just installed Debian on a P75 w/ 23 MB here.  If you have a network
connection, you don't need a CD image, just six floppies:  boot, root,
and drivers.  Once you get that going, it will install the rest off the
net.

Read about it here:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s4.2

-- mikeh