[olug] www.olug.geek

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Thu Jan 23 15:34:14 UTC 2003

I just got back to reading this email ( yes I know 3 months is a long time ) so I setup my DNS server to resolve the opennic tld's and tried to access olug.geek.  I guess no one actually registered it yet?  I am probably going to grab a null address if I can get one.  It is very cool.  The DNS servers server up the InterNic domains as well ( except for .biz because it conflicts and the members of opennic voted to continue there own .biz ).  Anyway might want to change away from usign cox's dns servers.  If anyone wants to reconfigure bind you just need to download a file and slightly change the named.conf.  There directions are soso but I figured it out.

The lack of commercial interest and the democratic form of management that is very exciting to me.  Maybe this is the way the internet should be.

-Jon W