[olug] from slashdot: Credit Card-Size Hard Drive Can Hold 5GB

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Tue Jan 21 16:09:29 UTC 2003

It could go either way......

that the moveable parts + flexibilty = junk.....
or that they are no different than the 5.25inch floppy.......

If they come out at the expected $15.00, I would expect them to be
floppy-like, but I'd want to do/see some durability testing.........
and since the readers are expected to be ~$100.00 I would expect to have all
of the sensitive parts in the readers.............

Even with floppies/CD's i always make two copies, cause if you only make
one it'll never work.......

but throwing away a few cents on cd's is nothing compared to $15.00
everytime you sit down...............

So to get the price down, everyone will have to go out and convince IT
groups to buy large quantities of the first runs...............

--
Jay Swackhamer

Reboot The User
15791 West Dodge Road, STE 135