[olug] from slashdot: Credit Card-Size Hard Drive Can Hold 5GB

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Tue Jan 21 16:19:14 UTC 2003

Just read the article and your right it is probably vaporware.  Not that I beleive it is impossible but they don't have any pictures of the prototype.  Seems to me if you want to store something that small flash memory is still the way to go.  I just checked their site and there aren't any real photographs of anything.

I am curious why you beleive the war with Iraq has anything to do with oil?  I honestly beleive the only oil angle is that countries who are getting dirt cheap oil from Iraq, like Russia and France ( supposedly so Iraq can buy food ), don't want to change the leadership.  Personally I like that we are taking a lead in the UN instead of just being the puppet big stick like under our former Presidents "leadership".  If Sadam truely has weapons of mass distruction ( and I can't imagine he doesn't ) I say take him out.  Our president's job is to guarentee our right to freedom.  Iraq posses a risk to our freedom IMO.

If you want electric cars to be successful you need to make them more affordable than gas powered vehicles.  Creating a product doesn't create a market.  If you want to help create a market than become an early adopter yourself.  combustion engines are popular because we can buy gas for so little.  I don't see myself ever "choosing" to pay more to drive.  Just my 2 cents.

-Jon W