[olug] from slashdot: Credit Card-Size Hard Drive Can Hold 5GB

andrew olug at einer.org
Tue Jan 21 15:40:52 UTC 2003

I think that if we are debating monetary priorities, world hunger,
racism, aids, cancer and nuclear proliferation edge out a fuel efficient
SUV in my book.  Alternatives exist for the guzzling SUV.  Most aids
victims can't switch to pneumonia.  (I could make a worse analogy, but
that would take precious minutes of my time.)  Unfortunately, money
isn't spent according to my priority list.

It does sound a lot like vaporware; however, I think you can get those
usb pocket drives to store 512 MB + and those have been out for over a
year.  It doesn't seem like an incredible leap to go to 5 gig.  Much
larger than that and I'd be firmly in the vaporware camp.  I didn't read
the article (yeah, I'm that guy), but are these solid state?  That would
be hard to believe, but I suppose possible... though not cheap.

Please leave your shoes on. ; )

andrew
andrew at einer.org

put in my place by smart folk daily:  einer.org/forums