[olug] Companys that support and cater to Linux Use

Mike Peterson mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Fri Jan 17 17:32:50 UTC 2003

Just for information sake their is also a Linux Friendly Computer Store still in business in Council Bluffs. I purchased a system from them in June 2000 before I got good at setting up my own firewalls. It came with a 3 year warranty and is still running fine. The company is Paricom it stands form Partners in Computing.
The provide support and systems to Iowa schools in the area in the form of Linux Email and Web servers.

I am a long time Linux user and can sometimes beat DIT and Dell on system pricing myself. I have been running a business out of my home part-time for over 12 years. The system I buy for work and the last one I purchased for home have 3 year warranties and you can make modifications unlike the DIT systems.

I setup Linux and Windows dual boot systems for work and home and friends.

I am also running RAID on my work/personal system at home.
It was recommended by a list member and it works great.
The RAID is limited to Windows and Linux of the Operating systems I run.

I am in the process of converting all of my servers to Linux as time allows.