[olug] Network

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Jan 16 00:58:48 UTC 2003

If the windows machine is going to be the gateway,
with internet connection sharing, then you need to use
the 192.168.0.0 network, since internet connection sharing is
locked to that subnet.............

Then as said before, set the gateway on the linux machine to the
windows machine's internal ip address.

INET <-> Cable <-> winether(EXT IP)

                Windows inet connection sharing
                    ^

                Win(192.168.0.1)
                    ^

               <-crossover->

        linux (192.168.0.2 gateway 192.168.0.1)

If you would like the iptables or ipchains firewall
scripts to easily setup the linux machine as the
gateway, I could forward those........

Or you could stop by Reboot The User, and get a
deal on a Zoom 4160 Inet Gateway.........