[olug] anonymizer

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Tue Jan 14 14:07:49 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:06:07PM -0600, Daniel Pfile wrote:
> If ssh is allowed, maybe you can set up an ssh tunnel to your home
> machine and config your browser to use a proxy sitting on that (like
> squid, or one of the ad blocker ones). I used to use ssh listening on

That is what I use now.  In fact right now I am typing this over an ssh session.  I can use lynx to get to most pages.  I was just thinking about setting up the personal anonymizer to see if it could be done.  I know better than to do something stupid.  Anyway I just think it is fun to know ways around controls.

-Jon W