[olug] anonymizer

Chris Garrity m0ntar3 at cox.net
Tue Jan 14 12:23:13 UTC 2003

    Squid, SSH, and optionally a "named" cache for DNS lookups. At work,
set your browser to proxy localhost port 3128. Open an SSH connection to
your sshd/squid computer, and forward the localhost port 3128 to the
remote host. Then install Ghostvilla.

    This configuration not only hides the URL requests from the
"Administration," it encrypts your HTTP traffic and prevents the
"Administration" from ever knowing the content of siad HTTP traffic if
they were to actively capture your traffic.. BTW, if the
"Administration" doesn't monitor SSH behavior, and the company has
"sensitive" data; the "Administration" needs to either start monitoring
SSH behavior or the "Administration" needs to be replaced with a more
clueful "Administration."