[olug] Vim helping children in Uganda - charityware

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Jan 13 07:33:41 UTC 2003

Ok, wow -- so I finally started up vim and checked out that ":help uganda"
or ":help iccf" document (you'll find it attached).  Though I've heard of
this charityware before (ktb told me about it in vim), I'd never read the
document until now and feel a bit upset that I hadn't done so earlier.  I
also found out that perlservices.net (they offer several neat free cgi
utilities) is the main supporter of charityware.ws, and so I impressed.

I just made a paypal donation then to the "children in Uganda" in support
of vim (the best editor!!!) and thought I should pass this information
along should anyone else want to do so.

I found out about all this after reading this very long, yet very good LJ
article[1] from 2001... (scroll down, last section talks about "Vim in
Uganda")

I just wanted to say that I was glad to see such an sharing/ giving/
teaching/ building/ helping community here locally at our Installfest on
Saturday, a great reflection of the open source movement, and I'm glad to
be a part of it.

[1] Algorithms in Africa

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart
This is not about Napster or DVDs. It's about your Freedom.
  I'll see your DMCA and raise you a First Amendment.
              http://www.anti-dmca.org