[olug] Networking and NIC issues. Coaching

Jesse Regier jregier at cox.net
Sat Jan 11 01:50:11 UTC 2003

I have seen hardware addresses listed in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:x  But only on virtual
interfaces.  I don't know about other distributions but Redhat uses this
file when setting up network cards.  Perhaps you have a line like
HWADDR='aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff' in your that file leftover a virtual
interface.

--
Jesse Regier <jregier at cox.net>