[olug] InstallFest tomorrow!

William E. Kempf wekempf at cox.net
Fri Jan 10 16:43:54 UTC 2003

Question:

What all do you do at an InstallFest?

I ask because I recently had my Linux PC die on me (probably just the power supply, but it's time to upgrade any way).  I'll be getting a replacement PC soon from DIT (could possibly do that tonight), and then I'll be faced with trying to get my system back up to where it was, and it was difficult enough to do the first time.  I'll likely want to wipe the HD out, because it's a 40G drive formatted to 30G because of BIOS limitations in the old machine.  I have no idea how to go about backing things up so that this transition will be as painless as possible, and honestly, in a few cases I might be better off with an experienced person configuring things for me any way.

So... can you go so far as to deal with hardware issues, creating backups, etc?  If not, I'll just get by with doing everything myself... but it would be nice to have someone that knows what they are doing so it doesn't take as long.

William E. Kempf
wekempf at cox.net