[olug] IPTables (vague)

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 15:46:56 UTC 2003

I have 2 main problems with getting my firewall running.

1) Knowledge - I get confused when I start reading the HOWTOs and stuff
with the basic terminology.  I'm hoping the IPtables tutorial will
cover the terminology (hint hint) like NAT, masq, firewall and how it
all ties into using iptables.

2) Time - Lack of time prevents me from learning the terminology and
getting back to the HOWTOs.  I start going over the terminology then
get side tracked for a few days then can't remember the terminology
anymore.

It is a vicious circle that I can't seem to break out of.  In the mean
time I just use a Linksys Router.  Under heavy network loads on the
cable modem side the route blinks out completely and I have no internet
connection.

Eric