[olug] smbmount and fstab

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Tue Jan 7 18:12:11 UTC 2003

Use sudo to allow ordinary users to mount the drive

Make a bash script to mount the drive and give the ericp user permission in
sudo to run that bash script with no password (so the user cannot pass in
extra options or anything).

Or if ericp will be doing lots of smbmounting and you trust ericp give ericp
permission to smbmount or mount itself.