[olug] smbmount and fstab

Andrew Holm-Hansen olug at einer.org
Tue Jan 7 16:49:33 UTC 2003

I vaguely remember reading about a similar problem.  Won't smbmount (by
default)  only run for uid=root?  Another thing to check is your
smb.conf ... You can explicitely state which users have 'root'
privelages on the share with the

admin users = user1, user2, user3

directive.

I think I solved this problem and forgot the solution because mine just
works... ;(  Sorry.

Andrew