[olug] Broken Freenet and broken apt-get

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Fri Feb 28 00:02:57 UTC 2003

At Thu, 27 Feb 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Eric Penne, said:
> I need to remove freenet altogether.  How can I manually remove this
> horrible install of freenet.

Try 'dpkg --purge package-name'.

Alternately, you can prolly leave the package in a broken state and try
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade again in a few days, and see if there
is a new, fixed, package available.

Such is the danger in using Debian unstable (which I assume you're
doing, as these kinds of things very rarely occur in testing, and almost
never in stable).  Alternatley, you can try manually searching for a
different package version on the Debian repositories, to see if that'll
fix it.  Checking the package's bug reports might offer a solution, too.