[olug] Sonicwall behind linux NAT box?

Brian Roberson roberson at users.olug.org
Thu Feb 27 05:51:15 UTC 2003

Typo - pptp uses 1723.

also a clarification --

ipsec itself only uses udp/500 ... gre is a common tunnel for ipsec to
run over that is why you may often see the terms together

so - to sumarize -

It will work if you are using ipsec inside a GRE tunnel - this will work fine as the
endpoints are bound by the tunnel addressing scheme and isakmp does not get
translated ( only the GRE endpoints )