[olug] Sonicwall behind linux NAT box?

Adam Haeder adamh at omaha.org
Thu Feb 27 03:56:06 UTC 2003

Hello
Wondering if this is possible and if anyone has done it. I have a client
that is behind their ISP's linux NAT box, and gets a 10. private IP
address. The ISP port-forwards a few ports to one of their servers, so
they have their own website, mail server, etc. Now they want to put up a
Sonicwall vpn server, and have an external user connect to it.

Has anyone set something up like this before? I've read the
VPN-Masquerading HOWTO, and while they talk a lot about port forwarding
PPTP connections, it's pretty light on IPSec based VPNS (of which the
sonicwall is one).

Any recommendations on the best way to handle this? TIA

--
Adam Haeder
Technical Coordinator, AIM Institute
adamh at omaha.org