[olug] take this poll

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Feb 26 23:25:17 UTC 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:09:43 -0600
"Jeremy Bettis" <jeremyb at hksys.com> wrote:

|And I don't think it matters what the majority wants.  I think if there
|is not complete consensus on this, than the tips should be off.  Signing
|someone up for a mailing list that they did not ask to be put on is
|spamming.  And just like it is not reasonable to ask people to just
|delete their spam for home refinancing and herbal supplements, no one
|should have to implement a mail filter or "just hit delete".

It's not really another mailing list (like olug)... it's one email a day
or so, a tip (an announce list).  It is not another discussion threaded
mailing list joining another entire group of people that puts another
dozen emails in your inbox.  IMHO, it's simply something to keep the
conversation going, and the list more or less alive and active...
sometimes it's a bit slow.  If we could get people to voluntarily submit
their own 'useful tip' every day, that would be asking a bit much, and as
previously stated... this invokes new comments and discussions.

Honestly, some of the latest tips haven't been so great, some are
though... you kinda take the good with the bad and move on.  Not every
email posted to the list is something I necessarily want to read either.

peace

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart